Australia, a federation of six states and two territories, is one of the world’s great economic and migration success stories. Australia is a unique, modern and dynamic trading nation of 22 million people with an ancient indigenous history, and European cultural background.
Australia’s coastline stretches almost 50,000 kilometers and is linked by over 10,000 beaches, more than any other country in the world. More than 85 percent of Australians live within 50 kilometers of the coast, making it an integral part of our laid-back lifestyle.
What to do and see: visit the official Australian tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Australia:
- Australia Currency: AUD
- Australia Telephone area code: +61
- Australia Electricity (plug): Electricity in Australia is 220-240 volts, plug type I. Check out the type of plug.
- Australia Annual events: Darwin Festival (Aug), AFL Grand Final (Sep), Melbourne Cup (Nov), Sydney To Hobart Yacht Race, New Years Eve Fireworks (Dec) and more”Australia Annual events”
- Australia Public holidays: check out on Government Australia Public Events
- Australia Weather average:
New South Wales: 8ºC – 27ºC
Northern Territory: 21ºC – 36ºC
Queensland: 9ºC – 17ºC
South Australia: 10ºC – 30ºC
Tasmania: 4ºC – 21ºC
WA: 13ºC – 33ºC
Find information about transports in Australia on government websites: